Carbon Monoxide Kits
Carbon monoxide is an extremely dangerous substance that can cause harm and even death. It is odourless and tasteless but toxic when breathed in at certain concentrations.
The concentration relative to the make of air can be relatively low but still cause problems. When the density of carbon monoxide gas in the air is just over 1% it cause death in a very short time. When carbon monoxide is inhaled, it will combine with the hemoglobin in human and animals. This will develop into a further compound that will use the space in which oxygen is carried, which in turn makes it increasingly more difficult for the blood to supply oxygen to various organs around the body. The carbon monoxide also binds to other molecules in the body that will eventually do some serious damage to the central nervous system.
There are numerous side effects connected with carbon monoxide poisoning and these will depend upon the concentration that is experienced. These can include headaches, nausea, damage to the central nervous system, dizziness, vomiting, confusion, unconciousness and even death. These serious side effects will effect everyone eventually but the old and
very young are more at risk.
There are a few ways that you can protect yourself and your families from carbon monoxide poisoning. One way is to have your appliances checked on a very regular basis, check the flame picture of each fuel burning appliance, check for potential chimney blockages and ensure ventilation is correct at all times.
An easier way is to purchase a some kind of gas safety kit that you could fit into your house. Your kit should come with all the fittings necessary to install it in your home. It is quite simple to install an alarm but take care to read the manufacturer instructions. Once it is installed it can be left for 7 years, apart from testing it when required to do so. It will then sound an alarm when it detects levels of carbon monoxide gas in the air.